Saturday, August 18, 2007

One Stroke; Two Stroke

First things first, Happy Birthday to my beautiful Mother! I love you Mom!

Rochelle, my neighbor, and I took a One Stroke painting class this week at Michael's. Bless Rochelle's heart for getting me out of the house and away from my troubles. We took the One Stroke class where we each created a birdhouse. Here's my attempt, not to bad considering that I have tried the One Stroke painting thing before and could never get the hang of it. It was so much better with an instructor to telling you what you are doing wrong! My leaves and stuff aren't perfect (which is a step in the right direction for me, since I usually give up if I can't do something perfectly!), but from far away it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Not to sure what I will do with it, I still need to finish a few things on it, but it was kinda fun. I think we are going to try to take a couple more classes and see what we can do.

Never heard anything about the interview I went to a couple of weeks back. Which is kinda weird since they usually at least send you some kinda rejection letter. Anyway, I have a couple more interviews this week with some agencies, so I'll just focus on those.

I've decided to enter three things in the state fair this year, since I always say I wished I had entered something. They always have a blue ribbon on some kinda ugly crocheted toilet paper cozy, so I'm sure I could win something! I'm entering the crocheted sweater I did for Mom last year, the pink sweater I just did for my niece, and the pink drawstring purse. I have to get them out to the fair Monday or Tuesday, which will be a pain since I have interviews in the afternoon, but hey what else do I have to do???? I'll keep you posted