Thursday, August 2, 2007

Hot Flashes

Lordy, I think I'm having a hot flash! I'm only forty-three so it might not be a real hot flash yet, but man! I don't know why crocheting would make me break a sweat!

When I went back to the little sweater, I finally figured out how to make the left side decreases while continuing in the 3-chain mesh pattern the sweater called for. It was pretty vague, so I had to do and redo several times before it looked right. Only one more front side to go. It is a wrap around sweater so there are two front sides that taper down in the middle, and it goes really fast once you figure out what you are supposed to be doing! Starting right side tomorrow.

Ok, I'm still hot so I'm going to sit in the swimming hole, well it's really the hot tub, but we turned off the heat for the summer so we could take a cool dip in the water. The weather is still in the 90's and no rain in sight. Most of my carefully planted flowers are kaput, we have a water ban in effect so I can only water by hand, and frankly I got tired of doing it. Blah!

I think I will sort and categorize my yarn stash starting this weekend, it's getting WAY out of control! I'm trying to only make things from my stash and not buy any new yarn, so I plan to do a bunch of hats and scarves to give to charity. I think I may try to get and Elkridge Knit Club together to make stuff for the Elkridge Love Mission which is a local mission some folks have put together to help folks in our town. I have two bags of yarn to donate to the cause if I can just get some knitters and crocheters to do the work. I think they have food, meals, clothes and such there. I've been meaning to contact them for sometime to help out and I just need to do it. I will do it tomorrow, I promise.