Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Hybrid and Triphid

I bought a new crochet book called Crochet Inspirations that has really cool stitches and motifs, I've been doing sample swatches of different stitches. I decided that I really liked the Peephole Stitch and decided to use up some of my stash to make a wrap/shawl. Of course I get into it and realized I am doing the stitch wrong! So I've got a hybrid stitch going on. The stitch calls for a row of cross-over half double crochets and the a row of singles done in the front loop only. Of course mine are in the back loop, I think I like it my way better! It's also crocheted long ways, which I think looks prettier in the finished product.

We have had almost no rain this summer and it shows. I had a beautiful fern that had been doing so well out by the hot tub, and it was a brown mess! So I got the scissors out and chop chop! I cut all the brown out and put it in a slightly bigger pot. My lovely Mother does this with her plants sometimes, cuts them back to one lonely triphid and they come back like crazy! So here is what it looks like now:


I cut a huge amount off, mostly around the bottom edges, the center seemed to remain greenish. I will post the progress of the triphid in days to come!