Sunday, October 14, 2007

Shrinkage

Here is a picture of the purse/tote I started last Thursday night and finished last night on Saturday. I started out as being a medium sized tote, but after I took it out of the washer I could still see the stitches although it was felted. So I threw it back in! I have a front load machine, so I couldn't really check it until the cycle was finished, when I took it out it was now a small purse! LOL, but the felting is dense and you can't see the stiches, just like I like it. You can see in the photo that I picked up two skeins of Patons Merino Wool and forgot to check the dye lot! MY BAD! But in person you can't really tell. The pattern is from Family Circle Easy Crochet magazine from Fall/Winter 2005.

Tomorrow starts my new job, I wasn't nervous, but I'm getting there! I'm not looking forward to how exhausted I'm going to be!