Monday, September 17, 2007

It's a Wrap!

I saw a pattern for a wrap, or shawl, that used different yarns knitted longways. I thought this would be a good way to use up some of my stash yarn. I chose five yarns that sort of went together and started to knit!

It's the first time I've knitted a wrap longways, and knitted straight on a circular needle. It is actually very easy to do, and the whole thing is in garter stitch so there is nothing to think about. It is very soft and the colors are melding nicely. Problem is it is hard to tell how long it will be, I put on 150 stitches like the pattern said, and had 20 more for good measure, but since it is all bunched up on the circular, I can't tell how long it is! The pattern never did say how to end each row since you have to cut the yarn at each end, so I added a marker at each end. I bind-off one at the end to tie the loose end, then make-one (M1) right after to add back that stitch I bound off. Seems to be working, but agian it is hard to tell. The finished width is supposed to be 40x60, I can measure the width, but I don't know about the lenght.

Promising news on the job front, I've got a possible call back for an interview for Thursday or Friday, I'm crossing my fingers. This would not be an Executive Assistant job, but a job in the finance department of a large company. It sounds fun and might lead to something greater eventually. I love the EA jobs, but they don't go anywhere. Keeping my fingers crossed.