Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Green Monster

Ok, I was trying to use up my stash, and I wanted to make a present for a friend that moved away, and I had no reason to believe I couldn't find this yarn....BUT I was wrong!

I think this is probably my first screw-up that I didn't catch and thought everything was going along fine. It started as an afghan, the pattern is hard to see, there is a pretty cool crossover stich that makes V's down the fabric. There were supposed to be bobble rows in between the V rows, but I took them out and did a couple of rows of dc and hdc. Things were going along nicely until I realized I ran out of yarn. I go to a couple of stores and can't find this color anywhere! The yarn is TLC Amore in Celery. So I said to myself "Self, you have enough for a wrap/shawl, soooo I made it into the width of a wrap (it is crocheted on the long edge) and bound off. Then I noticed it...the edge was uneven! ACK! Somewhere along the line I decreased, I was having trouble with the turning chain. I don't think I have ever done this before!

Usually I notice, rip out, and fix it. I wasn't going to add fringe, I was just going to do a nice reverse sc edge, but now it looks awful! The other edge is fine, straight as an arrow. I think fringe would take away your eye away from the edge, at least while it is draped around one's shoulders. Of course, the last point of the the story is that I don't have enough to make fringe! Double ACK! I'm not sure what do to with it. I will have to think on it more. Or ask my friends at Crochetville.com

Had ANOTHER job interveiw today, it is safe to say previous interviews didn't amount to anything. Keep your fingers crossed.