Sunday, July 29, 2007

Split Personality

Some knit, some crochet, but in few cases do folks do both. I don't know why, but a great number of knitters cringe at the notion of crocheting. Maybe it's because until recently the best things to come out of a crocheter's hands were either a toilet paper roll cover or a tea pot cozy.

Now before you think I'm here to crochet bash, I'm not. I love to crochet, AND I love to knit. I'm not saying I'm that good at either, I taught myself, so hell I could be doing it ALL wrong!

But, I like both. I like to crochet in the summer because the materials are lighter, and I like to knit in the winter because who can resist a big snuggly ball of yarn?

Here's a little crocheted number I did to practice on. Not to practical, but it's cute. I also made one in black with silver and turqouise beads crocheted in the top ruffle. It was cute when the purse strings were pulled tight, it looked like a mass of beads at the top.

Over here is a little baby sweater I made for my husband's new grandbaby. Since I don't have the express written consent of my husband's son and daughter-in-law to publish the baby's name, the baby shall henceforth be called Peanut in this blog.

So, I knit, I crochet, I like both. Who knew?